Tuesday, February 23, 2010

09Spring: Czech-Food

Recommended restaurants in Czech:

Prague: U Fleku - A cool ancient brewery that famous for dark beer and local Czech cuisine. We had our late lunch at the courtyard, accompanied with some local folks and live folk music. Hubby Kelvin said it's the best tasting pork knuckle on our trip. It was juicy in the inside and crispy on the outside. The salad is fresh and the dark beer is very smooth which I like it alot. (Our Rating: Best outdoor dinning, beer, pork knuckle to Kelvin)


CK: Krcma U Satlavy on Satlavska Street - It's a popular restaurant for locals and lots of oriental tourists. It's hard to get a seat there after 6pm, advanced reservation is recommended. We ordered soup, grilled lamp chops, pork knuckle, and beers. Even though I am not a fan of lamp, I found the lamp chop more tasty than the pork knuckle. Oh! the pork knuckle is great too but too much for me to finish on my own. (Our Rating: Best pork knuckle to me)


CK : "Na lovzi" - This lovely little restaurant offers classic Czech cuisine. We ordered the Svickova na smetane & ...ar...forgot the name, but it kinds similar to stir-fried pork. Both of them tasted very good and that no-name dish is my favorite local dish. Oh, and the fruit dumpling, is so yummy. Um, I wanna go back to CK for the fried pork and fruit dumplings.


CK
: "Trdelnik" nearby the castle. We got the almond Trdlnik, very crispy, not too sweet, perfectly roasted(I don't consider it baked, since they put the pastry on a iron roll and roasted it). 40czk.






No comments: